BioTek ELX405UV ELX405 Microplate Washer
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Over the last 20 years, Bio-Tek has become the leader in microplate washing. This proven expertise in the design and manufacture of the highest quality microplate washers has evolved into the ELx405TM Series of microplate washers. Precise, fast and easy to use -- the ELx405 Series includes four models, each with its own innovative features. The NEW ELx405 HT is designed specifically to rapidly wash 384-well microplates and includes Bio-Tek's patented Dual-Action manifold to ensure optimal performance and easy maintenance. The ELx405 Select is the market leader in 96-/384-well washing. The Select also has our patented Dual-ActionTM manifold, providing independent control of both dispense and aspirate manifolds for precise overfill washing and overflow protection in both 96- and 384-well microplates. This unique design washes both 96- and 384-well plates without the need for any hardware changes. With its slanted dispense tubes, full control of dispense and aspiration rates and unique x, y, z positioning, the ELx405 Select is ideal for cell-based applications.
For those applications that use only 96-well microplates, the ELx405 Auto Plate Washer is an ideal choice for performance and value! The ELx405 Auto Washer is the most precise and reliable washer available. Many unique features lower background absorbance values and increase the signal-to-noise ratio of typical ELISA assays. The ELx405 Magna is specifically designed for those applications using magnetic bead technology. A second carrier positions the magnet plate close to the microplate bottom, securing magnetic beads during the critical aspiration cycles. All ELx405 Series washers come standard with Bio-Tek's unique AutoPrimeTM and AutoRinseTM functions for reliable performance, and can be interfaced into standard robotic systems with Bio-Tek's easy-to-use ActiveX® component.
- Patented Dual-ActionTM manifold on the ELx405 Select and ELx405 HT provides independent control of the aspirate and dispense manifolds for precise overfill washing and overflow protection
- Internal positive displacement pump eliminates the use of troublesome pressure delivery systems and allows the use of any size dispense reservoir
- Built-in priming trough allows automatic manifold priming and rinsing during both operation and maintenance modes and eliminates the need for 'blank' plates when used in automated robotic systems
- Fully variable dispense volumes, flow, and aspiration rates provide 'total control' of the washing cycles from a gentle cell-washing application to vigorous wash for high-binding assays
- Built-in fluid flow, fluid detection, and vacuum sensing provide complete protection for unattended operation
- Optional external valve module connects four reagent bottles with automatic switching between reagents
- 75 programs
- Link up to 10 programs (if valve module is attached, links multiple buffers automatically)
- 10 cycles/wash
- Crosswise aspiration well
- Fully programmable:
- dispense height
- aspiration height
- aspiration delay
- aspiration rate
- horizontal aspirate and dispense position
- External programming/downloading available through RS-232 port
|Microplate types||All standard flat-, round-, or V-bottom plates/strips in 96-well array
384- or 96-well plates (Select)
96-well plate (Magna)
384-well plate (HT)
|Processing speed||<20 seconds (1 cycle, 400 µl/well, 384 wells)
<30 seconds (3 cycles, 300 µl/well, 96 wells)
<80 seconds (3 cycles, 100 µl/well, 384 wells)
|Volume range||50 to 3000 µl/well
25 to 3000 µl/well (HT)
|Fluid delivery||Internal positive displacement pump|
|Buffer selection||Valve module option - up to 4 buffers|
|Dispense precision||<2% CV typical|
|Residual volume||<1.5 µl/well typical|
|Soak Time||1 to 600 seconds|
|Shaking||User-programmable speeds and timing|
|Manifold||96-channel aspiration/dispense (Auto/Magna)
96-channel patented Dual-Action, with separate dispense/aspiration (Select)
192-channel patented Dual-Action, with separate dispense/aspiration (HT)
|Supply bottle volume||3.7 liter|
|Onboard software||75 programs
Overflow wash/overfill protection
5 maintenance programs
|PC software||ActiveX component (optional)|
|Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions||17" D x 14" W x 9" H
(43.2 x 35.6 x 22.9 cm)
|Weight||28 lbs (12.5 kg)|
|Regulatory||CE Mark, ETL Mark for UL3101-1
CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1
Conforms to IEC 1010-1
|Automation||Compatible with Bio-Stack and Fastrack microplate stacking devices.|
Used. Unit is in excellent functional and cosmetic condition. Item received from a working environment. Front acrylic cover is missing.
NOTE: Instrument requires dispense/waste bottles which can be purchased separately. If you know which configuration you need, we can assist with ordering the kit from BioTek. Optional bottles will be billed separately.
- (1) Bio-Tek Biotek ELX405UV ELX405 Microplate Washer for 96 well standard microplate
- (1) Valve module
- (1) Vacuum pump
- (2) Power cords
30 Day warranty. We pledge to offer the best service and warranty to all of our customers! We are extending a 30 Day warranty on this item. This is our way of saying thank you for allowing us to serve you.
This is a genuine product from this manufacturer.
The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. the item is subject to FDA regulation, we will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item."
Regardless of the origin of the equipment, documentation provided or identification appearing upon the equipment, the equipment described and offered here is in no way certified for, recommended for, or offered for any specific use. The purchaser agrees that the seller shall not be held responsible or liable for any injuries or damages, whether incidental or consequential, associated in any way with the equipment. The purchaser, by bidding on this equipment, indicates their acknowledgment of, and agreement to the terms of this disclaimer. it is the purchaser's responsibility to have the item inspected and certified by a qualified professional before use!