Horizon Technology SPE-DEX 3000XL Extraction Oil & Grease w/ Solvent Evap & Recovery System
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The SPE-DEX 3000XL Extractor automates EPA Method 1664A, and provides an alternative to expensive, labor-intensive LLE methods for extracting oil and grease from aqueous samples.
Using a combination of advanced liquid handling and 'Certified for Automation' Pacific O&G SPE Disks, the SPE-DEX 3000XL Extraction System delivers the accuracy and consistency of data laboratories need to comply with Method 1664A & 1664B QC specifications. Using SPE, in high-throughput laboratories solvent use is reduced by up to 90% when compared to traditional LLE, and sample run times can be less than 30 minutes.
The SPE-DEX 3000XL is a three-station system, and is automated allowing unattended operation which increases the overall productivity of your lab, as technicians are freed up for other projects. The SPE-DEX 3000XL system processes samples directly from the original sample bottle. It automatically delivers all solvents, regulates sample processing and disk drying times, rinses the sample bottle and collects the extract.
SPE methods offer significant advantages over traditional LLE techniques:
- SPE uses less solvent than LLE.
- NO shaking is required, and NO emulsions form.
- SPE is faster; only 20-30 min for a 1-liter sample.
- SPE provides comparable / better recoveries than LLE.
- EPA Methods are constantly being developed for SPE.
Some of the design features of the SPE-DEX 3000XL system include:
- Bench-top operation, which frees up valuable hood space.
- Reduced operator exposure to hazardous solvents.
- Automated extraction eliminates variability between chemists' techniques.
- Can use 47 mm and 90 mm SPE disks
- Can be used with the Solvent Trap Recovery System which captures up to 70% of the n-hexane solvent vapor from EPA Method 1664A & 1664B oil & grease extractions.
- Can be used with the Speed-Vap III Solvent Evaporation System, which provides safe and fast evaporation of n-hexane solvent for oil and grease extractions.
3000XL Physical Properties
Dimensions: 18'W x 15'D x 21.5' H
Weight: 45 lbs
Controller Physical Properties
Dimensions: 7' W x 10' D x 5.5' H
Weight: 2 lbs
Power Requirements: 120 Volts
Nitrogen (Commercial Grade) (60 PSI min)
25' Hg (min)
Working condition, received from lab environment. At least $8000 of consumables and spare parts included. Please note, solvent and waste bottles not included. Some plumbing lines may not be included. Vacuum source not included. There is some cosmetic wear, please see photos.
- SPE-DEX 3000XL Plus SS - Oil / Grease Machine
- LCD Display Desktop controller 50-0412092
- Assorted glass vessels, disk holders, filters and accessories as shown in photos and list below
- Product guide, instruction manuals on CD
- Power supply
- Vent hose
- Speed-Vap II Solvent Evaporation System
- Solvent Trap Solvent Recovery System
- Vacuum controller
- 2 solvent tanks
Partial list of the consumables and spares included:
30 Day warranty. We pledge to offer the best service and warranty to all of our customers! We are extending a 30 Day warranty on this item. This is our way of saying thank you for allowing us to serve you.
This is a genuine product from this manufacturer.